APULIA: A LAND OF TRADITIONS AND FLAVORS
A short trip to enjoy the beautiful sights and the essence of the typical Apulian taste.
Day 1: BARI - ALBEROBELLO
Arrival at Bari airport in the early afternoon, welcome by our English-speaking tour leader and coach transfer to the centre. Guided tour of Bari: among the historic streets of Bari Vecchia and its walls overlooking the sea, lies the famous Basilica of St. Nicholas of Bari, one of the most beautiful examples of Roman architecture. In the old town also stands the Cathedral of San Sabino, a Roman-style church built on the ruins of a Byzantine cathedral. Continue to the majestic Swabian Castle, built by Frederick II in 1233 (external view). Drive to Alberobello. Accommodation in a 4* hotel such as Hotel Astoria centrally located, or Hotel D'Aragona in Conversano, or similar. Welcome drink, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: OSTUNI
Breakfast at the hotel, then departure by coach for a daily excursion with our tour leader. In the morning, guided tour of Alberobello. A village recognized as a Unesco World Heritage Site, and known all over the world for its Trulli, typical dry-stone buildings with funny conical roofs. Visit of the “Trullo Sovrano”, located in the historic centre of Alberobello, and walk through the districts of Rione Monti and Rione Aia Piccola, which keep different complexes of Trulli. Traditional lunch with taste of local products in a “Masseria" nearby Alberobello, a typical farmhouse of this area. In the afternoon, drive to Ostuni, known as the “white city” because of its whitewashed houses superimposed like cubes, reminiscent of oriental cities. Walking along the narrow streets of this village you will discover the Liberty Square, the Maria Assunta Cathedral, the rich historical palaces and the old town. Then visit and small tasting in a farm dedicated to the production of oil, the most important and renowned product of the region. Back to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: LECCE - OTRANTO
Breakfast at the hotel, then then departure by coach for a daily excursion with our tour leader. In the morning, guided tour of Lecce, known as "The Florence of the South". Lecce is considered as a true architectural masterpiece of the Baroque and Rococo styles. Walking through the charming streets of the historic center you will discover the exuberance of the Baroque through its remarkable monuments such as the beautiful Basilica of Santa Croce, the Dome Square with its Cathedral and other marvels with pink stone decor. Free time for lunch (not included). In the afternoon, road to Otranto, an ancient port city on the Adriatic coast. Visit of the village, which develops around the impressive Aragonese Castle and the Norman Cathedral. Guided tour of the cathedral with mosaics dating back to 1165 and its huge crypt. Possibility to visit the Aragonese Castle (optional, not included). Back to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel, then transfer by coach to Bari airport with our tour escort. Check-in assistance and end of our services.
The price includes:
• 3 nights accommodation on H/B basis in mentioned 4* hotel or similar, in double room
• All dinners excluding beverages
• Welcome drink on the day of arrival
• Lunch/tasting with local products (day 2) and oil tasting (day 2)
• The service of a professional English-speaking tour leader from/to the airport and for the whole duration of the tour, accommodation and meal costs included
• Transportation by air-conditioned G.T. bus according to the itinerary, including all city access fees as currently in force, and including meals and/or accommodation expenses necessary for the driver
• VAT as currently in force 10% for hotels, 5% for maritime transport, 22% other services
• Our constant phone support
The price doesn't include:
• Air transport
• Tourist tax
• Luncheons (except day 3)
• Drinks at meals
• Entrance fees
• Headsets (not mandatory)
• Luggage transport service at the hotels
• All services not mentioned in our program and in "the price includes"
• The possible increase in VAT, access and parking costs for the bus, taxes in general
• Extras, optional visits, tips and personal expenses
If you need more information, please feel free to contact us anytime, we will be happy to help you!